Monday, May 9, 2016

Roots of time

Time seems to travel at such a greater pace these days.  Before I know it weeks, months, years have gone by where there is little time for much else than what's in front of me.  Do you ever feel time is the greatest battle on your side?  Yeah, I've been guilty allowing time to be the blame for lack of productivity.  When we have time we probably rather watch TV than go organize that closet screaming for a revamping.  

The root to our struggles can run deep when it comes to creating a routine that works in the AM or PM, but it doesn't mean you can't nurture those roots in order to thrive and succeed to beat the stress of time.  I'm a laid back person, but I can tackle anything I set my mind to when I reach deep and find the time and energy.  Knowing this about myself is what motivated me to find a solution.  I got tired of never being satisfied with how I was running my life and household.  You may have read, heard or even said yourself "it's never too late".  Well, my friend, it's true.  It's never too late to look at time differently and have it work for you for a change.  

Making time for all areas of your life can make a world of difference.  You would be amaze what you can accomplish in 5min.   Below I listed some ideas and helpful exercises that helped me have a better relationship with the ticking clock.  It's really time we heal our roots so we can get to the things we not only desire to have time for, but deserve in order to feel a balance of wellness and happiness.


* Waking up early and starting the day off before the world gets busy.  Start with increments of 10-15min at a time until you reach the exact hour that makes sense for you and your schedule.  I wake at 6am, sometimes 5am, to have two hours before my daughter wakes so I can meditate, read and catch up on emails.  

* When cleaning, set an alarm.  I find when I set a timer I can get through chores much more efficiently and you realize it doesn't take as long as it feels before actually doing the chore. 

*  Calendar phone calls, emails & appointments every week or month, depending how far in advance you can plan.  

*  Calendar your "me" time and make good use of it.  If you already used your down time and you have unexpected down time happen in your hectic day be sure to use it wisely.  Maybe set the timer for those chores you keep putting off.  There's always something to do, as my mom would always tell us growing up when we screamed how bored we were. 

*  Find a routine that works for you.  It will save you time, energy and your sanity.


Hopefully these are a few helpful ideas for you to try.  What are some helpful things you do to save you time that are helpful to your busy day(s)? 




With gratitude



No comments:

Post a Comment